Friday, November 14, 2014

Weekend Snowfall Update

The Snow is Coming

Confidence is growing in regards to a measurable snowfall this weekend. The amount of snow is still a bit uncertain, but I have put together a map of the probabilities for certain areas to receive at least an inch or more.


The timing on the heaviest snow will be Sunday night into Monday morning. I still think it would be a good idea to prepare for a slower morning commute on Monday.



I am going to try something new this year for winter snowfall forecasts. I will issue a storm total forecast map before each snow event and then I'll post a map of what actually happens after the storm to compare my forecasts to the actual outcome. I hope this is helpful and it can help to hold me accountable when I make mistakes to improve my accuracy in the future. 

I will likely issue my first ever snowfall forecast map later tonight. 












No comments:

Post a Comment