Potentially Snowy Weekend
The cold temperatures have arrived and I am now focusing my attention towards a system that could bring us some snow accumulation.Here is the latest information...
- As of tonight, areas along and east of I-71 stand the best chance to see measurable snowfall this weekend.
- Areas along and south of the Ohio River could change over to or mix with rain for a time which would cut down on any snow totals.
- Models are still varying on the intensity of the storm which will have large implications on our weather. If the storm is stronger or tracks just 50-100 miles east or west of its current forecast track, then snow amounts could go up or down accordingly.
- At this time I am seeing enough model agreement to say that snow is a good bet, but it is still too early to say just how much will fall.
- The timing on the heaviest snow is currently forecast for Sunday evening into the overnight hours and into early Monday morning. There could also be a brief period of lighter snow on Saturday afternoon and evening, but little to no accumulation is expected with that.
Tomorrow I will have a better idea as to how much snow will fall and a better idea on timing. As of now, start considering allowing more time to get to school and work for Monday morning because we all know how the first snow of the season goes (it always seems to catch drivers off guard). I will update you tomorrow on the new developments regarding our first snow event of the season.
Take care and embrace the winter weather, it's not going anywhere anytime soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment