Saturday, November 15, 2014

Snow Storm Update

November Snow Storm

Timing

The main impacts across the Buckeye State will begin late Sunday night and continue until about noon on Monday

Impacts

The Monday morning commute will likely be a slow one as roads could become snow covered and slick. And again, depending on the consistency of the snow, some tree limbs could break if enough snow accumulates on the leaves (bradford pear trees are basically the only trees with leaves still on them here in Central Ohio). This could also have an economic impact on city and state budgets as we get off to another early start to winter. 

Accumulations

I do not have any changes to my snowfall forecast. My goal in issuing snowfall maps is to change them as little as possible. I will try not to issue any accumulation forecasts until I am confident enough to stand by them. I do not believe that it is helpful or fair to constantly change a snowfall forecast and then say I was right after the fifth adjustment. If I feel that I have made a significant error, then I will adjust the maps, otherwise I will let the storm play out and see how close I am. 

As always, I will continue to provide updates on any changes to the forecast and let you know as soon as any alerts are issued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment