Snowfall Chances
As I'm sure a lot you have heard, there is a potential for a sizable snow event Sunday into Monday. I have been monitoring the forecast model trends and they are trying to come up with a solution they can all agree on. The current thinking is at as much as 4-6", locally 8", could fall in an area 50 miles to either side of I-70 through Ohio. I am not very confident in this storm just yet, given the indecisiveness in the models lately. By tomorrow afternoon we will have a much better idea of the location of the snow and the amounts. Nonetheless, it is important to monitor later forecast as this has the potential to be our biggest storm of the winter to date with major impacts on the Monday morning commute.Bitter Cold
As we head into February things are going to turn very cold with numerous days featuring overnight lows below zero and frequently experiencing sub-zero wind chills. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings next week all have the potential to start off below zero.The European model is just one model and these are relatively long range forecasts so the numbers it is forecasting should not be considered as the exact forecast, but they can show a trend. Currently it is spitting out some pretty extreme numbers with wind chills on each of the mornings I listed above bottoming out near minus 20-25 and could approach minus 30 by Friday morning. Again, this is NOT my forecast, it is simply to give you an idea of how cold some of the most reliable models think it could get. I will keep a close eye on all of this winter weather coming our way over the next week and beyond. If some of this verifies, many schools will likely have several days off to open February.
No comments:
Post a Comment