Another Snowy Halloween?!?!
The models are beginning to come into some more agreement in terms of what happens this weekend. It is still a few days away and some of the details still need to be ironed out.What We Know
It is nearly a guarantee that we will have the coldest weather of the season, so far, Friday through Sunday. Low temperatures will dip all the way down into the mid 20's for Saturday morning and Sunday morning. This will end the growing season, but it won't impact the crops since they are already mature.What We Do Not Know
As is the case with every winter event, the location and amount of snow is still uncertain. This is a very difficult thing to forecast because minor changes in the temperatures, track and intensity of the system will greatly impact who get what, and how much they get. Currently I am leaning toward at least snow falling during Friday night into Saturday morning. Due to the time of the year and recent warmth, road conditions should remain only wet. Any minor accumulations that do occur would be on grassy and elevated surfaces. The current spectrum of possibilities, in my opinion, would look like this...Low end of snowfall potential High end of snowfall potential
Flurries and no accumulation ---------------------------------------> 1" with isolated 2"
I would be surprised if we don't see any snow, and a widespread trace amount seems quite likely.
I will continue to update you as I receive new information.
No comments:
Post a Comment